SharpStack Terms and Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions
“SharpStack” and “we” mean a division of SharpStack Hosting Ltd, 16 Lockers Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP1 1TH.
“Customer” and “you” mean the party named in the order form.
References to the masculine or feminine gender shall include the neuter and vice versa.
Domain Registration terms of service
Users and customers of Services provided by SharpStack Hosting Limited must accept the terms and conditions of business set out below.
We make no representation that the domain name you wish to register is capable of being registered by or for you or that it will be registered in your name. You should not assume registration of your requested domain name(s) until you have been notified that it has been registered.
The registration and use of your domain name is subject to the terms and conditions of use applied by the relevant naming authority; ICANN in the case of .COM/NET/ORG and Nominet in the case of domain names ending with .UK you shall ensure that you are aware of those terms and conditions and that you comply with them. You shall have no right to bring any claim against us in respect of refusal to register a domain name. Any administration charge paid by you to us shall be non-refundable notwithstanding refusal by the naming authority to register your desired name.
We shall have no liability in respect of the use by you of any domain name; any dispute between you and any other person must be resolved between the parties concerned in such dispute. If any such dispute arises, we shall be entitled, at our discretion and without giving any reason, to withhold, suspend or cancel the domain name. We shall also be entitled to make representations to the relevant naming authority but will not be obliged to take part in any such dispute.
We shall not release any domain to another provider unless full payment for that domain has been received by us. All charges payable by you for the Services shall be in accordance with the scale of charges and rates published from time to time by us on our web site and shall be due and payable in advance of our service provision.
Terms of service- General
Without prejudice to our other rights and remedies under this Agreement, if any sum payable is not paid on or before the due date, we shall be entitled forthwith to suspend the provision of Services to you.
You shall indemnify us and keep us indemnified and hold us harmless from and against any breach by you of these terms of business and any claim brought against us by a third party resulting from the provision of Services by us to you and your use of the Services.
If you fail to pay any sums due to us as they become due, we may suspend the Services and/or terminate this Agreement forthwith without notice to you.
If you break any of these terms and conditions and you fail to correct the breach within seven (7) days following written notice from us specifying the breach, we may terminate this Agreement forthwith.
If you go into insolvent liquidation or suffer the appointment of an administrator or administrative receiver or enter into a voluntary arrangement with your creditors, we shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement forthwith.
On termination of this Agreement or suspension of the Services we shall be entitled immediately to block your Web Site and to remove all data located on it. We shall be entitled to delete all such data but we may, at our discretion, hold such data for such period as we may decide to allow you to collect it at your expense, subject to payment in full of any amounts withstanding and payable to us.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, please contact our support department who will attempt to rectify the situation. If the problem cannot be fixed and you are unhappy with the service you are entitled to a refund within 14 days. There are no refunds past the 14 day period.
Refunds are not available for .COM, .NET, .ORG or any other domain names, SSL Certificates, Domain Transfer In fees, Domain Transfer Out fees, or any other products or services provided by SharpStack Hosting Limited through other companies. Refunds will be issued at the sole discretion of SharpStack Hosting Limited. Setup fees are non-refundable.
No refunds will be made if we terminate your hosting or other services due to violation of our Terms and Conditions, except as may be provided therein. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Credit on your account cannot be refunded and must be used for purchases and renewals.
Accounts purchased under a promotion, with or without a promo code, are excluded from the 14 day money back guarantee.
Service Level Agreement Conditions.
SharpStack Hosting Limited guarantees uptime per calendar month of the following:
For shared hosting and associated services: 99.9%
For managed servers, including Windows managed servers: 100%
If your service drops below these levels of uptime in any given month you are welcome to request a service credit by contacting the support team. Service credits are calculated on a pro-rata basis and issued at the sole discretion of SharpStack Hosting Limited. You must request an SLA credit within 14 days of a service issue.
The SLA conditions do not include:
– Any planned maintenance work, notified in advance.
– Downtime relating to third party networks and systems beyond the control of SharpStack Hosting Limited
– Downtime arising from a client’s own negligence or misconfiguration
– Downtime as a result of a client’s misuse of the service
Delivery of Services
Immediately upon successful payment you will receive an automated receipt from our systems. Please print and retain a copy of this and retain in a safe place for future reference.
Your registered customer email address will be on this receipt and should be used for any enquires to SharpStack Hosting Limited.
Please note that we aim to deliver all goods as soon as signup is complete. If we will be unable to adhere to this you will be informed via email or telephone or both. Payment will be deducted when services are delivered.
All orders are delivered electronically via email. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at team@SharpStack.co.uk
These Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policies (“Terms and Policies”) are an essential part of your relationship with SharpStack Hosting Limited. By using your SharpStack Hosting Limited account, you agree to all of the Terms and Policies set out in this document.
General Terms and Policies
The Service is provided to authorised persons or organisations (referred to in this document as “Subscriber” or “you”). Any use of the service is subject to any restrictions listed below. By using the Service, you agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Policies. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Policies, you must cancel your account immediately and you may not thereafter use or attempt to use the Service.
Coverage – If you are an individual Subscriber, these Terms and Policies apply to all persons who gain access through your account. If you are a commercial Subscriber, these Terms and Policies apply to all your employees, agents and/or customers. In either instance, a violation of these Terms and Policies by anyone using your account will be treated as a violation by you.
Prices and Charges – SharpStack Hosting Limited provides the use of cPanel and domain control panels to you free of charge, but if through misuse or through abuse on your part we incur any charges, we reserve the right to pass these charges on to you.
Term – SharpStack services are available on a monthly rolling basis with hosting payments required in advance of the subscription period.
Backups – SharpStack Hosting Limited carries out one full backup per day. Backup sets are encrypted and sent securely to an offsite location where they retained for 7 days. Backups are supplied as for our use in the event of a failure for disaster recovery. Customers may also request data restores via support ticket in your customer portal (https://www.SharpStack.co.uk/portal/clientarea.php). The backup service provided by SharpStack should not be considered as the only source for backups of customer assets. Clients are strongly encouraged to maintain their own backups as part of an effective business continuity plan. Backups supplied are not guaranteed, and SharpStack are not liable for consequential loss due to loss of backup data.
Support – Technical support is available 24 hours a day and 365 days per year. If you need to contact support, the recommended channel for contact is by creating a support ticket via your customer portal (https://www.SharpStack.co.uk/portal/clientarea.php), or by sending an email to support@SharpStack.co.uk.
You can also speak to technical support engineers via the livechat service which can be found in the bottom right of the main SharpStack website www.SharpStack.co.uk. We aim to respond to all support queries in 15 minutes but at peak times may take up to an hour, however the majority of support issues are resolved within 1 hour of the issue being submitted to our team. Support is also available via telephone between the hours of 9am and 6pm UK time.
Support is generally limited to enquiries and assistance regarding your hosting account and the features and functionality that we provide. Whilst we can (and often do) go above and beyond this remit, we cannot provide assistance with matters of site design or development. Sharpstack cannot make changes to your site. For clients who have reseller accounts, we do not provide support to your end-users.
For work that falls outside the remit detailed above we reserve the right to charge a professional services fee. The current rate for this is £75 per hour (billed in 30-minute increments). Any work undertaken that is subject to this fee will be discussed and agreed in advance with you.
Migration – A migration service is offered free of cost to all new customers. Customers must be able to supply SharpStack with full access to the source server where data is to be migrated from. Suitable access details are;
Full “root” level SSH access
cPanel control panel access
Plesk control panel access
If none of the above access can be provided to SharpStack, then migration work may be chargeable, depending on the complexity of the work involved. Best efforts are applied to ensure the least possible disruption from migrations. SharpStack are not liable for any consequential loss due to service disruption during migration work. Customers are encouraged to test all migrated sites prior to making services active.
Grounds for Suspension and Termination
You agree to comply with these Terms and Policies. Any violation of either, these Terms and Policies or the other rules, regulations or policies noted above may serve as cause for SharpStack Hosting Limited to suspend or terminate your account. You agree that SharpStack Hosting Limited has the right, with or without notice, to suspend or terminate your account upon the first or subsequent occurrence of any of the following
* Using the Service in a way, which constitutes violation of any applicable statute, law, court order, tariff, regulation, or treaty (including, but not limited to, intellectual property, communications, privacy, criminal and international law)
* Using the Service in a manner intended to abuse or violate the privacy or property rights of others, including but not limited to sending of unsolicited bulk e-mail (“spamming”); this ground for suspension or termination is separate from and in addition to the fees which will result from such activity. You agree to pay a clean-up fee of £80 per hour if any of our server IP addresses appear on a blacklist as a result of spam from your account.
* Using the Service in an attempt to break security, or so as to actually break security of any computer network (including the Service itself), or to access an account, message, or file which does not belong to you.
* Using the Service in such a way as to forge or misrepresent headers, addresses, or other identification in electronic mail or websites, or using any other method to disguise the sender’s identity or location. This includes the hosting of Proxy Server applications.
* Uploading, linking to or storing warez, cracks or other pirated software.
* Assisting in or directly distributing copyrighted material.
* Excessively using the Service in such a way as to limit the bandwidth available to others.
* Providing fake or incomplete contact details, including name, postal address and telephone number.
* Using the Service for unauthorised relays through any third party systems.
* Attempting, in any way, to interfere with or deny service to any user or any host on the Internet.
* Performing a chargeback on any transactions past or present will result in account suspension until resolved. If a chargeback is issued we reserve the right to remove your account and deny any future business.
* Using the Service for mail bombing, which includes any instance where multiple messages are sent to a specific destination with the intent to render the recipient and/or the electronic system serving that recipient dysfunctional.
* Using the Service to add or attempt to add addresses to any mailing list (yours or a third party’s) without the explicit positive consent of the addressee(s).
* Attempting to cancel, supersede, or otherwise interfere with email other than your own.
* Engaging in harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages, either with email or website content.
* Using the Service to engage in syn flood attacks, which are defined as overburdening a recipient computer system by sending a high volume of spurious data which effective impedes or totally disables functionality of the recipient system(s), or any other methods of denial-of-service attacks.
* Furnishing false data on your sign-up form, contract, or online application, including providing fraudulent credit card or other payment information.
* No bill credit will be given for a period of suspension. In the event of termination of your use of the Service under this section, SharpStack Hosting Limited may at its sole discretion retain any or all amounts you have paid for use of the Service as liquidated damages for your actions.
* Security – You agree not to access or attempt to access private areas of the Service. You agree to notify SharpStack Hosting Limited as soon as you become aware of an unauthorized use of your account and/or any breach or attempted breach of security on the Service.
* Intellectual Property – SharpStack Hosting Limited does not undertake to examine or review messages, files, or other materials, which are accessible through, pass through, or reside on the Service. Complaints regarding alleged copyright infringement can be sent to abuse@SharpStack.co.uk.
* Continuing a specific identification of the allegedly infringing material and the location(s) on SharpStack Hosting Limited facilities where the materials are to be found. Upon receipt of such written notice, SharpStack Hosting Limited will expeditiously remove or block access to the allegedly infringing material, and provide notice to the person who had posted that material. If SharpStack Hosting Limited receives a notification from that person indicating that the claim of infringement was based upon mistake or misidentification, SharpStack Hosting Limited will send you a copy of that notification. Unless you notify SharpStack Hosting Limited of appropriate court action to restrain the alleged infringement, the challenged material will then be restored or otherwise made accessible again.
* Liability – You agree that use of the Service is at your own risk. Except for information, products, or services clearly identified as being supplied by SharpStack Hosting Limited, neither SharpStack Hosting Limited nor any of its affiliate controls, provides, operates, or is in any way responsible for any information, products, or services accessible through the Service. SharpStack Hosting Limited neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy of third-party material(s), and you agree that SharpStack Hosting Limited is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by your use of, or reliance on, such material(s). You understand and agree that you have sole responsibility for your posting of any information or material to any site or newsgroup on the Internet, including but not limited to postings to Web sites, whether residing on SharpStack Hosting Limited equipment or not, postings to newsgroups, and participation in any on-line chat sessions. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless SharpStack Hosting Limited and its employees, and other customers and subscribers from and against any claims, losses, costs, liability, damages or expenses arising out of your postings.
* You agree that, should you use the Service to send or receive voice communications, SharpStack Hosting Limited is not acting as a telecommunications carrier or telephone , that there is no representation made by SharpStack Hosting Limited as to the suitability of the Service for such use, and that all risk of connection, transmission quality, and accuracy of communications is solely on you, and that SharpStack Hosting Limited has no liability of any sort for the failure or lack of quality of such use of the Service.
* You agree to be liable for any damages or loss of service which results in damages to SharpStack Hosting Limited as a result of any spamming or other violations of Section 5 above. These damages include, but are not limited to, system shut downs, retaliatory attacks or data flooding, and loss of peering arrangements. You agree that SharpStack Hosting Limited may pursue any such claims against you in Court.
* You agree that in no event will SharpStack Hosting Limited have financial liability to you.
* Warranty – SharpStack Hosting Limited MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REGARDING THE SERVICE, OR ANY SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU MAY HAVE TOLD SharpStack Hosting Limited ABOUT YOUR INTENDED USE OF THE SERVICE. NO ORAL ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY SharpStack Hosting Limited OR ITS EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE ALTER THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION.
* THE SERVICE AND ANY SOFTWARE PROVIDED TO YOU BY SharpStack Hosting Limited ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS; SharpStack Hosting Limited DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THEY WILL BE ERROR-FREE AND/OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. SharpStack Hosting Limited DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OR BACK-UP OF ANY OF YOUR DATA WHICH MAY BE STORED ON THE SERVICE.
You understand and agree that information and access available through the Service may include controversial, sexually explicit, or other material that may be offensive to you or users for whom you are responsible. SharpStack Hosting Limited has no responsibility for or control over such materials, and you take sole responsibility for using any available screening software or other methods of limiting access (specifically including the access of minors) to any material you may find objectionable.
SharpStack Hosting Limited will not provide names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other personally identifiable information on any Subscriber to any third party without prior permission from that Subscriber, or as required under an appropriate court or administrative directive, including a facially valid subpoena, or as necessary to render the Service. SharpStack Hosting Limited may provide aggregate data on Subscribers to third parties in the operation of SharpStack Hosting Limited business.
You agree that any dispute between you and SharpStack Hosting Limited arising out of your use of the Service on in any way based upon your subscription to and/or use of the Service which cannot be resolved between you and SharpStack Hosting Limited will be submitted by the aggrieved party for binding arbitration under the auspices of the English law.
These Terms and Policies are governed in all respects under English laws.
Cancellation requests must be submitted through the client area. To do this, click the icon next to the package you wish to cancel then press ‘Request Cancellation’. You must then complete and submit the form.
Choosing an immediate cancellation means your service will be terminated with 24 hours of submitting the form.
It is your responsibility to ensure any paypal subscriptions you have setup are cancelled.
No other forms of cancellation are accepted.
Cancellations must be submitted before the invoice for that billing cycle is due. Failure to do so will result in the invoice being due. Cancellation requests can only be submitted if the account has no due invoices.
Only one voucher can be used per transaction.
If the order value is lower than the value of the voucher, the remaining amount is lost.
Discount vouchers are restricted to one per customer.
Vouchers can be redeemed against the purchase of any Shared, Reseller or Dedicated service.